Its funny because i remember the first time I was on my way to meet Rob's family(whom i love as my own now) warned me to never bring up religion or politics. Isn't it funny how passionate people become about beliefs, whether it be politics, religion, lifestyles, whatever... I love that about the mixing pot of a family that i am in. I love how different each member of our family is and how much i learn from all of them. My dear husband is a devout conservative, and when the Republican Party is properly represented he is a true republican. I wouldn't say i am only a republican or democrat, but judge on what a politician's goals or objectives are. Rob's cousin Meg sent me this message, and I couldn't agree more.
I, like most Conservatives, have been HUGELY disgusted & disappointed by the lack of action by Republicans. The Republican party has been hijacked by a bunch of pansies trying to hopelessly pander to a media & liberals that do not & will not ever share conservative values. Rather than actually getting off their lazy political butts & putting into practice what they probably promised their constituents, they continued with status quo & did what they could to "get by", make their 10 sec. sound bites at all of these USELESS congressional inquiries & "investigations" (OH PLEASE!) & to hopefully get reelected to this sick country club, rather than being true representatives of the people. The democrats on the flip side are also showing themselves to be a colossal failure running the senate & house of reps. They have increased all of these STUPID "investigations" & both sides are a bunch of "windbags". I really am quite sick of all of Washington, Sarah Palin is someone that I have been pushing for, for the last several months. She is a breath of fresh air because she has strong convictions & is an actual Conservative, not a Republican. Now don't get me wrong, I am proud to be a Republican, but I do not feel that the Republican party politicians have properly represented what we are & want to be. I DISPISE corruption & LOVE that she was willing to take it on, REGARDLESS of what party it is. John McCain in the same light, while I don't always see eye to eye with him on all policies, I KNOW that he will always & has ALWAYS done what he believes to be right for the country, regardless of what is popular. That is a leader I can follow. The Change I refer to is the OPERATION of Washington & I believe that the two of them will work tirelessly to get Washington working FOR the people.
I am not completely sold on McCain. Am I grateful for the trials he went through for this country..you bet. But Palin seems like a breath of fresh air for the republican party. I know I will probably hear it for posting this, but sometimes its easier to think while writing. So thank you Jamie and Meg for giving me some serious food for thought.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nikki,
I love that you posted this. I am much more liberal but I love to hear or read rather well thought out opposing views. While Sarah Palin is far too conservative for me I'm glad that the right side has a candidate that they can get excited about much like many of us have on the opposing side.
So no heat from me, I respect your opinion and am glad you posted it. I am way too terrified of posting anything more on my political views on my blog than I already have, I have lost one too many friends over it in the past.
you should never ever be afraid to voice your opinion! i am so sorry, erin, that you have lost friends over what should be your uncontested right to have; your opinion! if all the world were the same, what would we learn? nothing. i myself am conservative, but i love love love debating (not arguing!) with someone of the opposite opinion! i learn so very much when that happens. not only about their views, but my own as well! it gets me to actually think about why i am the way i am, instead of just being that way. hey nikki, go to my friend erik's blog, we've been doing some politics on there, and i think you'd be in good company. his address is in one of my recent posts; the one that has a plug in the title. keep it up sista!
Post a Comment