"Enjoy the little moments, because one day you will wake up and realize they were the big moments"
Monday, September 15, 2008
my dilemma
I want to register to vote or get an absentee ballot but here's my problem.....my state of residency is Illinois (in the military you pick one) my driver's license is in Florida and I live in Oklahoma. Anyone have any answers???
I don't have experience with absentee balloting. However, I do know that Illinois does not need your vote regardless of your choice because they are a blue state and Obama's home state. Florida and Oklahoma need your vote because they are swing states.
to jello, not the whole state is blue!!!! just chicago, and last election, we were purple. every vote definitely counts!! and most of us hate obama. um, no offence to anyone of course, i'm just not a big fan. as to absentee, i have no idea. i'm tuned in waiting to see what anyone else says, since we will have to vote absentee as well, having just moved.
OK is actually fairly red (http://tinyurl.com/6dfaga), so I would say you should vote. Of course, I'm politically biased on why I think you should do it this way. ;)
It's my understanding that if you vote absentee, your vote will only be counted if the election in that state is statistically close.
Me and Rob have been married for nine years and we have three beautiful children. I am a stay-at-home Mom and wife, and Rob is an officer in the military and currently working on his masters . I love my little family with all i am , and am so glad to be doing what I am.
6 comments:
I don't have experience with absentee balloting. However, I do know that Illinois does not need your vote regardless of your choice because they are a blue state and Obama's home state. Florida and Oklahoma need your vote because they are swing states.
I would transfer everything over to one state for sake of sanity. It's a pain, I just did it on Thursday but it is worth it.
to jello, not the whole state is blue!!!! just chicago, and last election, we were purple. every vote definitely counts!! and most of us hate obama. um, no offence to anyone of course, i'm just not a big fan. as to absentee, i have no idea. i'm tuned in waiting to see what anyone else says, since we will have to vote absentee as well, having just moved.
OK is actually fairly red (http://tinyurl.com/6dfaga), so I would say you should vote. Of course, I'm politically biased on why I think you should do it this way. ;)
It's my understanding that if you vote absentee, your vote will only be counted if the election in that state is statistically close.
You shouldnt need an oklahoma drivers liscense to register to vote there. Just a piece of mail or something to show you live there.
Maybe you could vote in all three :)
Post a Comment