
So the past couple of week I've been having this annoying hip pain after i run/walk or workout, but its oly after i stop. Well yesterday I was in a boot-camp class and right in the middle of the lunges i had this horrible burning pain in my hip....its hard to describe, but it kind of felt like a charlie-horse in my hip that wouldn't let up. So today I went into my doctor and she said i have ITBS or Iliotibial Band Syndrome, which is a long band that runs from your hip to your knee and when your workout increses or physical activity in general increases that band can become inflamed. So that's where I am now....My doc said that it also becomes more common after you've had babies! So let's think back....Ive defiantly become more active, and my workout have become harder lately and seriously this is the most I've ever worked -out on a regular basis because, let's be honest before i hit my 20's i never had to work out I was blessed with a great metabolism, and after I had my little ones, I really have to out to work at it *tear*...lol But I've really started to enjoy my work-outs, i feel so good afterwards. So anyway this week i will start the stretching activities she gave me,and she gave me a really good anti-inflammatory. I have to really stretch out this group of muscles or it will become inflamed again. So I will stretch in the morning and at night, or before workouts. I can also tell my pilates instructor and she can customize some of our moves. But anyhoo... its something that will hopefully be gone in a couple of weeks, but unfortunately can come back if I'm not careful. At least now I know!

2 comments:
man thats not fun sorry about that i hope it goes away.
After having a hysterectomy at 24 I am begining to believe that we aren't too young for anything!! I am sorry. It is no fun. Just take it easy!!
Post a Comment