Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My poor little Porter


So tonight when we were getting Porter ready for his bath I noticed these whelps or hives all over his back and lower abdomen. I bathed him yesterday morning so he could've had this last night and I didn't even notice. I feel horrible. So I called the after hours nurses for our Pediatricians office and they automatically give me to a triage nurse at the OU children's hospital. She went through a series of questions and he wasn't running a fever and didn't really have any other symptoms, it could possibly be a food allergy since he tried 2 new foods this week, but she thought there would be more immediate symptoms. He's tried lime and mango this week, I'm not sure if it related, but I will be calling the doctor tommorrow, and we'll see if this clears up by itself. The nurse just told us to give him a little bit of benadryl (is that how you spell it?) and see if it progresses at all throught the night.

1 comment:

jello said...

yeah, this happened to blake right before i was leaving to go to general conference last april. luckily we remembered he ate blackberries for the first time that day and we had some benadryl on hand. it cleared up overnight. and i didn't miss conference!