Monday, October 20, 2008

My beautiful life

I am sitting here reflecting on what turned out to be a fabulous day. Rob had the day off, and we met with our financial adviser this morning, which turned out pretty great. He is a smart guy and educated us on so many great things, and we learned some valuable tips.
Then tonight we just had a great time together, its not that we did anything out of the ordinary, but it was just so much fun. We had to run some errands so we decided to load up the family and all go, which normally turns out to be pretty hectic. We went into the grocery store and i decided to let Porter down so i could put some produce in a bag, and the next thing i know i look don at Porter who is holding a tomato with a HUGE bite out of it! lol Needless to say we bought a half of a tomato. It was so cute watching Savannah take Porters hand and lead him around the store and show him things and redirect him, him was so much fun to all be together, I mean we are together often, but there was something about tonight that was so carefree...I'm probably not making any sense, but oh well.
I am a blessed woman, with so much to be grateful for. I know i say this at almost every stage in my kids' lives but this is such a fun age...Savannah has such a fiery personality and she is so observant, and Porter is hilarious, and such a little boy!!! He's learning so much so fast. I'm so glad I get to come along for the ride!!!!

4 comments:

Lori Ann said...

It's funny how sometimes you can do the same old things, but somehow they seem different. It's always good when you can enjoy the everyday family stuff.

Lauren said...

I'm happy for you to have had this feeling. Blogging has totally helped me realize sometimes that I might not have cherished before....or maybe I'm just cherishing more. ( : Congrats to Merril!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I am overly sensitive but I started to cry thinking about your trip in the grocery store. Life is so sweet!! How good it is for you to reflect on your day and see all the wonderful things going on in your life. Sometimes, to me it seems so plain... but you just reminded me even the smallest things are admirable.

Andrea said...

I loved this post...it made me smile. Thanks for reminding me to remember my many blessings.