This is a post I wanted to make sure I wrote down, so I could always remember it! So needless to say I was so anxious/excited/nervous that ENTIRE day Saturday! My poor brother and sister-in-law had to listen to my endless rambling and different outfit changes. I mean come on, Rob hadn't seen me in 5 months I wanted it to be special. So I decided on a dark brown knee length cottton summer dress, not that it really made a differece what I wore, he was just glad to see us! Anyhow I got the phone call that we were supposed to meet at the squadron around 6pm and they would have food and movies and art & crafts for the kiddos while we waited to hear more from Rob's plane। SO we arrived and the kiddos made some cute Wlcome Home posters for Daddy। Two hours later they told us we could start loading the shuttles to the flightline . As we stood on the runway we could see the lights of the plane off in the distance, then it became real for us that he was actually almost home. We watched the plane land and taxi in, then we were able to apporach the plane and watch them all climb down the stairs. Of course by then me and Savannah were in tears. We saw Robbie climb down the stairs panning the area to look for us, then he dissapeared among the masses, and not even a minute later, he was in front of us and swooped up the kids in his arms, and I've never seen them so happy. Savannah was clinging to his neck and crying and Porter was just laughing and saying "Daddy your here". It was truly a moment I never want to forget. I should've brought someone to take pictures, because I was so torn between wanted to hold onto him and yet get all of these special moments on film. This is why I don't have any pictures of me and him on the runway. We took some pictures of the two of us in the car while he was waiting for his bags. So as soon as we got home the kids got into their pajamas and Robbie read to them and rocked them, they were in heaven...and so was I. Its an amazing feeling to have him home. It is definitely an adjustment being together, but we will be "us" before long. I love him so unbelievably much that it makes my heart hurt thinking about those 5 long months! He's HOME!!!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like such a sweet reunion. You had me in tears reading about you and Savannah in tears :-) It didn't occur to me, but I totally should have offered to be your photographer, I was only thinking how exciting for you guys to have this special moment as just your little family. If he deploys again while you're here at Tinker I'll be your paparazzi.
Congratulations on the safe arrival. I can't even imagine how you must have felt. I am sitting here crying like a little baby and I wasn't even there. I am so happy for all of you.
How neat that you were on the flightline while the jet landed! Much better approach than watching buses pull up.
So glad he's home! Hope he won't go again.
I'm so happy for you and your family. I was all teary eyed reading your post and seeing your pictures.
Post a Comment