Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day




Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I wanted to thank the moms in my life. First my mother, who gave me life and was a great comfort to me while growing up. She was there to witness all of my firsts...first steps, words, tears, heartbreaks, laughs, and joys. One of the fondest memories I have of my mother, is her singing. She is always singing/humming...which is something I inherited from her. Every night when we were growing up she would sing to us until we fell asleep. She made our interests her top priority. She was always involved in our school events, and make a point to get to know our friends. She was in the delivery room when Savannah was born, and was a great strength to me then. She underestimates herself. She has a tender heart and I thank her for choosing to be my mom.


The second mommy in my life is my beautiful, strong mother-in-law. I have learned so much from her. She has always been such an amazing example to me of a mother's love. She is kind and giving, and is always encouraging and uplifting. She has been there for me when I have doubted myself, and never judged. She has become a great friend to me and I owe her so much for raising my husband to be the man he is today. She is an amazing grandmother, and always trying to stay involved in our kids lives. They never doubt the love she has for them, because she's always showing it.


Thank you Mom and Cricket for always loving me and teaching me the way to love.

No comments: