I'm trying to stick with my goal to blog everyday, even if I believe there's nothing interesting to write about. I realized the other day when I was going through one of my old journals, that it was so interesting to read the "boring" events of my life just a couple years ago. So I'm starting to think that even though it may seem boring or mundane, in a couple years it will be fun to look back and remember a different time. That being said, I took Porter in for a check-up today because he rarely runs a fever and he had one yesterday and last night, and he hadn't been sleeping very well, so I figured it was probably his ears, since thats really all he EVER has wrong with him. Well I take that back he does suffer from eczema on his legs and arms, so he had a little flare up with that, which is pretty normal for this time of year since for him, its allergy related. But I noticed he broke out in little rashes on his cheeks and ears, which was not normal for him. So anyway I took him in this morning and sure enough he has an ear infection in his right ear, that ear has given him problems since he was 6 weeks old. So they gave him an antibiotic RX and told us that the rash on his face was eczema and asked if i'd switched any of his products ( I have to be VERY careful about what touches his skin i.e. lotions, diaper cream, laundry detergent, perfume I wear) and I remembered that I had been using a baby sunscreen this whole past week and didn't even remember to check to see if it was fragrance-free. Of course it wasnt so we found the culprit! I immediatly bought some Aveeno baby free and clear sunscreen since our kids are outside constantly throughout the day, and he's his father's child when it comes to sunburns.
It was aso that awesome time of season to buy textbooks. I needed to go buy my textbooks for summer semester, and thats always a treat. I won't be in school forever right?

2 comments:
Poor Porter!
He's already back to normal!
Post a Comment