Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mei Tai wrap

Here's what I was up to today (picture coming soon) I made a mei tai wrap to wear Porter. I t can be used on smaller babies too, but I wanted to put Porter on my back. My awesome friend "B" taught me. All you need is one yard of a super thick cotton, you can really use whatever you want but I like the strength in the decor fabrics, that way you don't have to line it. Then I used another yard of canvas material for the straps. My friend used a corduroy material. The one I made was just out of scrap material but now that I somewhat know what i'm doing, I will be on the prowl for super cute fabric! Anyway here's the link to the pattern I used, except I didn't round the top, I kept mine square cause I think its cuter.
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/asian.html

1 comment:

Brittany said...

How fun, I'm curious to see it! I loved the wrap "B" made and have thought that's such a smart way to go. Good for you.