Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fun weekend

We don't really have anything exciting to announce or blog, but I feel like I've neglected my updating duties and I'll give a short report. Rob and I did a leansing diet this week. Its a combination of a vegetable soup and different foods you introduce back into your diet with the soup, it made me feel pretty good. Its the Sacred Heart Medical Diet. I lost 5 pounds in a week but it was probably all of the crud that was built up in my system. I started classes again on Tuesday, i'm nervous because I'm finally starting the math...I've put it off as long as I can. So far so good, but its just review...and surprisingly enough I remember more than I realized. Little Savannah had developed a nasty cough on Wednesday which soon turned into the famous dry, barky cough, but luckily we are super prepared and trained to treat nasty coughs! We started her inhaler and breathing treatments witha combination of sitting in the bathroom with the hot shower going and "playing in the clouds"- breathing the steam. This combination normally helps her pretty quickly. She's doing much better already. Porter man is doing great. I hosted book club today and one of my friend's brought her cute little baby girl and Porter was so infatuated! He wanted to hold her and kiss her and watch her, it was too cute! We have another new couple that moved into the ward and they came over tonight with some other friends of ours it was so much fun. Rob bought a wii this afternoon, so we broke it in tonight!

2 comments:

Sariah English said...

SOrry to hear about the cough! That is no fun. Hope she gets better quick

lizS said...

it's always so much worse when it's your little ones! i hope she gets better soon.