
After Rob got home from work yesterday, I decided to run to JCPenny to pick up our family portraits, and Rob was going to the gym to play some basketball. SO I grabbed the kids (Porter had just gotten up from his nap) and thought it would be a quick stop. We had a birthday party to be at at 6, but i figured i had plenty of time. I was walking through the store and the portrait studio is located in the back of the store. I didn't bring anything with me but my little wallet/change purse that has my license,military id, debit cards and some cash and attached to that are my keys. So I have porter in my arms and i dropped my keys and asked Savannah to pick them up for me and hold on to them...my mistake i know! She was also holding on to a robot she brought from home. So we get back to the portrait place, i get the photos, and decided we had a little time to look around really quick. So we are walking around and we go to leave and i notice that i didn't have my keys and remembered that Savannah picked them up. I asked Savannah were my keys were and she she's"I don't know, i think they're lost." So i begin to panic a little and start looking around and asking cashiers/workers. So an hour later I really begin to worry, and they got the loss prevention guy out there looking, so i go back to the photo studio and ask them if i can use their phone and i call rob to come up and help me. So when Rob got there we continued to paw through JCPenny looking like a couple of crazy people. Finally the loss prevention guys ask me if i had an alarm button on my keys, i said yes, and they said that if someone found my keys they could've just gone outside and pushed the alarm button and took off with our car. So Rob goes outside to see if our car is still out there, and it was. When Rob was on his way back into the store he saw a woman telling the guy at the checkout that she found this item in a purse in the purse section! So Savannah had decided when we were walking to drop my keys in a "Pretty" purse. (She was probably looking at one while we were in the store and dropped it in there, then forgot about it). So we were in JCPenny a total of 2 1/2 hours, and i'm in no hurry to return!

1 comment:
wow! what an adventure....it was so frustrating i'm sure, but funny at the same time. this is definitely one of those look back and laugh days.
Post a Comment