I'm not quite sure where to begin. I love blogging I really do, but when life gets busy this is using the first to go. I am really trying to get back into the swing of things since school started for me and Sav. I
ll begin there, I am so burnt out on school. I have always pretty much loved learning and I don't know if its just the combo of trying to do my best at my mommy duties while trying to do well at my calling at church but I am officially POOPED. I realized this last night as Rob was packing for a beloved trip for work. I am tired. I love my babies so much and am so blessed to have them in my life...I know some women get stressed being a mom but for me...they are my escape from the world. Now don't get me wrong caring for the kiddos, hubby, new mentally challenged basset hound, and a home is exhausting. But I look forward to the quiet times when Porter cuddles me and we look at a book, or when Savanni wanted to curl up and watch a movie or just talk...that girl can talk. Then sometimes you have nights like tonight, when the house is so quiet...my love is on the other side of the country, my babies are asleep, the dishes are done... I feel tired. I'm not throwing myself a pity-party here but I will be beyond thrilled when my degree is finished. I know what some of you think...well why not cut out school? Because it is important to me for many reasons that I finish. I want to set an example to my children of the importance of a secular education. I want to be prepared since I don't know what the future holds, or if there will come a time when I need to support my family. Trust me it would be very easy to cut out schooling and say I can go back when the kids are in school, but I'm afraid if I quit now I won't return. Life will get in the way.
As for tonight I think I will be turning in early.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think it's awesome that you're going to school. Your kids will remember it and want to emulate you. And I think you're doing great balancing your home, family, school and church calling :)
I love that you going to school...the years are going to pass regardless...won't it be nice when they are done to have your degree. I too am trying to be a student and mommy and wife and all the other things that are placed on our shoulders and I know how tough and exhausting it can be.
Anyway, just wanted to say - I think your a great example to your children and I really do think it will be a great thing.
Post a Comment