Thursday, September 17, 2009

Is it Friday yet?


SO what a busy week! I know I say that a lot but holy cow! I began my week, trying to find a new home for our Basset hound while discovering I am not a pet person. I always imagined javing a dog (considering I am very allergic to cats, plus I think they are punks) but ewhen it comes down to it ...not really. Maybe it would be different if I weren't constantly in juggling mode. I wanted to start potty-training Porter next week, I am in school, my church responsibilities, a I am Savannah's soccer coach...doesn't leave a lot of time for a dog stinking up my house and messing up my beautifully clean floors. As you might know I am anal about the way my floors feel. I walk around barefoot most of the time, and HATE it when my floors feel anything but clean. So you can imagine what it was like with a new puppy. I know whats its like having a new puppy but I also didn't know what it was like having a puppy while running a household, raising kiddos and a husband away with the military. That's just where I had to draw the line. The good news is we have a very gracious neighbor whom I was venting to , and she agreed to adopt the dog so the children could still see her.
Last week Savannah's soccer organization called me and said that I could come and pick up my team roster and jerseys and start arranging my practices with my girls. Apparently when you check the box to be a volunteer, that may mean you get to be coach. This was the case for me. I thought that by volunteering I would help give rides, bring the drinks/snacks...whatever. Oh no, I am now the coach of Savanni's soccer team. Which I was not thrilled about the added responsibility, when I finished my training, and saw Savannah's response...I am thrilled to be coaching! Tonight we had our first team meeting and the girls picked out there team name. I suggested the Tornados..thinking it would be fitting considering this is Oklahoma...but for girls who were raised in Oklahoma, they looked at me like I just told them there was no Santa or something. We have blue uniforms, so the girls wanted to be the dolphins. The dolphins was a much better idea. Anyway the fields were to muddy to play on tonight so our next practice will be on Thursday and their first game is on Saturday the 26th!
We have a new addition to the Kelly clan... a Nissan Quest. We had been feeling cramped for a while in our little Scion. So I saw an option and took it. Rob has had a lot of free time to look at cars while he's been in Las Vegas and we narrowed it down between a couple we knew we liked . So of course I started speaking to USAA the best bank in the entire planet...seriously we have everything through Usaa they are amazing. I've never had a car in y name, for whatever reason its always been in Rob's or befor eI was married obviously my parents. So I thought this time I would do everything myself...I contacted USAA and got the proper financing and went shopping with Porter and found the perfect vehicle for us. Its a Nissan Quest...big, but not too big, its still somewhat gas efficient (nothing will compare to our XB) and its a nissan and so it should be reliable. Overall, I am satisfied with our choice.
So one week down one more to go and Robbie will be back with us and we will be back in our normal groove. I miss him like always and am so grateful to be married to him.

2 comments:

sharon said...

Buying a car wow you are a superwomen!! Way to go with everything make sure you take at least two minutes to breathe :)

Brittany said...

I'm so proud of you for buying that car by yourself! I know you're busy and I have even been to your house twice this week, but you are so calm and relaxed (and your floors are lovely :). Sharon said it right, you are a super woman, juggling everything and making it look effortless. Nice work, Rob and your babies should be proud!