Thursday, September 3, 2009

Greeting from SLC

SO yes, this post is a little behind, but I've been a little busy. Last Friday I flew out to visit my best friend Jamie. We've been friends for so long and we have such an awesome friendship, its like we haven't been apart for years. As you all know my last flight to Salt Lake was canceled, so I was so excited when I actually arrived in Utah. First off we enjoyed a yummy lunch and did some shopping at their awesome outdoor mall. The weather out there was perfect, and very dry. We did our shopping and we also stopped in a chocolate co there at the Gateway and enjoyed a yummy chocolate covered frozen banana. They had everything under the sun...dipped in chocolate. We then met up with Jamie's husband and had dinner at The Mayan. Its this neat jungle-themed restaurant where you have dinner while watching cliff jumpers, its hard to explain but the food was delish! That night we went to a late show and saw "500 Days of Summer". I wasn't a big fan. On Saturday morning we woke up and went to the downtown farmer's market. It kicked the pants off the Oklahoma markets. It was great! I had some latin snacks, and Jamie bought some yummy homemade honey butter and fresh raspberries (which we enjoyed the next morning for breakfast). After we got back from the Farmer's Market we picked up her sister Dana and headed to Lagoon. Its an amusement park similar to six flags. We stayed there until the sun began to set and it was getting chilly sio we decided to leave and get some dinner. We went to this awesome chinese place called Charlie Chows. You put everything that you want in your stirfry on your plate then bring it to the chef and he will cook it right there in front of you...my first dish was not so hot, i mixed the wrong combination of sauces. The second creation was amazing! On Sunday we walked to church and then spent the evening at Temple Square. Its probably one of my favorite places. Its just so beautiful. Over all if I could transplant my family to SLC I would be in heaven. Overall I am so glad I went, and another bonus is Jamie is planning to come out here in March!

2 comments:

jamie said...

heck YES i am! I told my parents that for my birthday and Christmas, I would like Southwest Airlines gift cards. LOL Im so glad you came, I needed it. Thanks.

Sariah English said...

It sounds like you guys had a blast! What a great break for you too.