Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Merrill's Wedding Weekend



















Thats right, our little Merrill is a married man. On Wednesday we drove to my parents to try and break up the drive to St. Louis. The kids did really well, probably better than Mommy( I don't handle being in the car for long periods of time very well). Then on Thursday my dad rented a big van so we could all ride together, and it was so much fun. The kids just loved the van. Rob drove since my dad worked Wed night, and so I sat in the back with my dad and entertained the kiddos. We made it with just enough time to drop the kids at Robs parents place so we could be with Briahna as she entered the temple for the first time. It was so amazing to have my entire family in the temple together. Then on Friday morning we were able to see Merrill and Briahna be sealed in the St. Louis temple. Aftr their ceremony we changed in to our formals for pictures, and it was so cold outside, we froze! My dad held a luncheon that afternoon at Gianfabio's in Chesterfield, and it was so nice. We drove straight into Branson that night. The next day I was able to meet up with Terica, Michelle and Gloria, and do some shopping at the outlets there in Branson. It was so much fun to see them. Well as we were shopping, it started to snow pretty hard. Merrill then called me and said that he and Briahna had been stuck in Rolla for hours because of the roads. Well their reception started at 7 and Merrill and Briahna were able to drive into Branson at 6:30...crazy huh? But they made it and the reception was amazing! Briahna's family did an amazing job of transforming the chapel gym into a gorgeous tent . We all visited and danced most of the night. The kids had such a fun time, they had a childs room with babysitters on standby so Porter and Savannah stayed there for the first half of the night, then they came in and danced their hearts out! It was hilarious. Anyway, I'm so happy for Merrill and Bri...we love you guys and am so glad we were there so share in the fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok a couple of things..

I loved hanging out with u nd getting to know you better. You feel so much like family its wierd.

2. I love that head band you bought savanah

3. I dont mind being your look-a-like

4. I had a blast, dancing was fun, and i learned the new dance: the porter.

and

5. heaven IS really far away!!

Savanna Click said...

I can't believe that was a stake center...I would have never guessed until you said something! The reception looked beautiful!

lizS said...

wowzers! i can't believe merrill is merried, lol! it looked gorgeous. and your hair looked great. ;)

Sariah English said...

Oh little merrill is married! I am so happy for them I feel like I missed out on a family get to gether! Wish I could have been there!