Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had such a great Thanksgiving. Savannah was out of school from Wednesday on, and we enjoyed our lazy mornings together. That's one things me and Savannah have in common, we love our lazy mornings...as increasingly rare as they may be. As soon as she gets up in the morning she will peak in my room to see if I'm still in bed and climb under the covers to cuddle. She is so incredibly sweet...and she doesn't even mind my dragon breath. We've had some of our best conversations on those fun mornings. Well we had a couple lazy mornings this week, and I'm sad its almost over. On Wednesday night Rob invited the missionaries over to eat with us, and he also invited a young man he met at church. I was excited to cook our own Thanksgiving feast, and it was just that....a feast. We pigged out, and it was good. We are still snacking on leftovers. It was nice to just be the four of us this year. As much as we love traveling to see our families, sometimes its nice to be together just the four of us. As for black Friday we found some great online deals (while shopping in our jammies)....then I went to get my hair touched up, which turned out really light (but a nice change) followed by taking the kiddos to see a matinee of Tangled. It was a really cute movie. Some of the time I find myself enduring kids movies in the theatre, but this one was great. So all in all this weekend has been so amazing. I didn't get any great pictures since my camera lens is half way broken and needs to be repaired. Tomorrow I hope we can get our Christmas tree up and decorated!!

1 comment:

jamie said...

I love Lazy days too! Henry isnt old enought to climb into our bed yet but he stays put when we lay him in there ourselves! ;)