Saturday, March 20, 2010

Favorite Dinner

So Rob was aking me what my favorite dinner was, and for the life of me I couldn't tell him something that topped my chart! Then last night, I REMEMBERED!!! I love to stick chicken breasts in the crockpot with green salsa, and let it cook then serve it in tacos, burritos, tacos salads...you name it. Well everytime we go to a mexican restaurant I get chile rellenos...its heaven...covered in sauce! Everyone has there own version, but I've found and awesoem recipe! This is my favorite meal...as far as being in the mood for mexican, and whenever I plan on working out hardcore the next day. It's definitly not my healthiest dish, but most mexican isn't. So you can stuff these with whatever tickles your fancy, but I like white cheese and the green chicken shredded and prepared as explained above. Now what you top these with is up to you as well, I love topping mine with green or red chile sauce, lettice, and onions. I know some people use a variety of different peppers, but I love poblanos!!
Chile Rellenos
1. Roast the peppers (poblanos)
I stick mine in the broiler until its nice and blistered on the outside...let it cool then peel off the skin.
2.Take out the seeds
Make a tiny slit in the pepper, and remove the seeds. I do this over the sink with the water running.
3.Stuff the pepper
Insert your chicken, and cheese, or whatever you chose to place inside
4.Roll in flour
5. Roll in batter
6. Place in frying pan, when one side is lightly brown, gently flip it over
7. Top and Enjoy
8. Workout the next day, so I'm not responsible for your heart trouble!
Batter recipe:
4 eggs separated (egg yokes in one bowl, egg whites in the other)
dash of salt (in with egg yokes)
1 tablespoon flour (in with egg yokes)
Whip egg whites until small peaks..then mix flour egg yokes,and salt together into a light paste and slowly mix in with egg white mixture.

3 comments:

jamie said...

ohmygosh that sounds delicious! I am really struggling here not being able to eat Mexican! It gives me the WORST heartburn! I swear I'm in pain just thinking about it. When you come out in July, we're going to have to eat that or something like it because i will finally (hopefully) not get it since baby will be out!

sharon said...

yum yum yum yum going to try it very soon!!!!

The Kelly Family said...

Jamie! I will so make this for you! Its goood!