
So this Saturday our little man will be 18 months!! I can't believe how fast time is moving. That being said, he has become a very active curious little boy which sometimes makes taking him certain places a little more difficult. He really hates sitting in a cart or stroller. He will do everything he can to get out, or if I strap him in he will scream and cry the whole time. I've always thought that those little harnesses they put on toddlers looked so weird, like you were walking your kid or something. BUT I must admit that I bought one today. I haven't used it yet, but it is kind of cute, it has a little monkey on it and then a really long tail that I can hold. We never had this problem with Savannah, she was always content in a stroller or cart. So I'm not sure how I feel, should I harness him? All I can think of is that SNL skit about Mike Meyers as a hypo hyper kid in a harness strapped to the playground.

4 comments:
Tami had some for the twins and I know they saved them from running into the street sometimes when we took walks. I think if you use it sparingly and to keep Porter safe it's ok. I don't think Darcy and Caprice have any lasting trauma from it!
Those harness saved me! I know they look funny, but they work. Kimball darted in the street so many times. Either I had Phoebe or I had Phoebe and I was huge and pregnant. I learned that if I talked to him and told him he had to wear it if he didn't listen. I don't think he got it at first but after a while I just had to threaten him with it and it worked! My opinion, don't hesitate to use it!!
I know they are controversial, I learned the hard way. I think they are a life saver. Boys are active when they little and my oldest was a runner. We used one at six flags and it was better to have him on a harness than to have him lost or worse. It also kept him from running into the street and all in all kept him safe. I agree with Lori Ann, if you use it sparingly there is nothing wrong with it.
He isn't going to have issues as a grownup because you harnessed him, he won't even remember and his protection is worth more than the small embarrassment it may cause. And don't be surprised if you get rude or passive aggressive comments while using it. Everyone has to add their two cents to others parenting skills. Just do what you know is best for your kids and tell them they had their chance to screw up their kids now its your turn ;)
Thanks so much you guys!!! I love having such smart, experienced mommies as friends!
Post a Comment