Sunday, May 6, 2012

Savannah's Baptism







































I recently had one of the most amazing days of my life. How many lucky people can say they got to celebrate their birthday and witness their daughter get baptized on the same day. It was beyond anything I would've imagined. Its hard for me to describe what that day felt like. We were blessed that both my family and Rob's family attended and participated. Rob's sister Amanda gave a beautiful opening prayer.  My mom lead the music and my brother gave the talk on baptism. Then I walked Savannah up to the baptismal font and helped her change into her jumpsuit. She was giddy with excitement and nervousness. We opened the little door in the bathroom that connected to the font and saw Rob waiting there in the font with his hand stretched out to help Savannah into the water. He then baptized our sweet Savannah. After I helped her dry off and change back into her white dress, my sister-in-law gave the talk about the Holy Ghost. Merrill and Briahna then sang a beautiful duet. My Dad then gave Savannah the gift of the Holy Ghost and I gave the closing prayer. I am so very proud of the choice Savannah made to be baptized.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

That day sounds like a beautiful memory that you will never forget. I almost teared up when you talked of her opening the door and seeing Rob in the water with his arm stretched out. Ok....just writing that I teared up. :) Beautiful. On a side note I just learned that Merrill's wife is a singer in her family show in Branson. That is so awesome. I have never been there but my parents go once or twice a year. I asked if they had been to their show and they said they hadn't yet but they sat behind them during...something. I told them Merrill was married to Briahna and they were pretty excited about that. :)

Lauren said...

wow, congrats to you both! we can't wait to see you guys!

Brittany said...

Her baptism sounds like it was such a special day for her! That's awesome that she got so much family participation involved. Congratulations Savannah!