So we have moved around a bit, and I have noticed two (ok maybe more than two) food items/recipes that people not from the St. Louis area have never tried. The first being rhubarb, and the second...Gooey Butter Cake. Well, we were asked to bring a dessert to a friendly get together and I made Gooey Butter Cake...with a pumpkin spin. I got this recipe from a friend's sister-in-law, so I can't take the credit, but it is so delicious!
Gooey Butter Cake
Crust:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick melted butter
Mix together with a fork and press into a 9x13in pan.
Filling:
2 eggs
1 (80z) pkg cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick of melted butter
Pour over crust and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 55 min or until set. It will be gooey...hence the title:) To make the pumpkin version add 1(15oz) can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg to the filling mixture.

No comments:
Post a Comment