Sunday, October 24, 2010

My little Pumpkins






















I love this time of year. I love that this year I can enjoy the holidays. Last year I really wanted to enjoy the holidays, but I knew Rob was leaving right after Christmas and it put a damper on my festivities. This year is different. My sweet husband will be here for it all, and I even get him for a couple months after that.






We bought some pumpkins last weekend to carve, but the kiddos had no interest in carving them...they wanted to paint them. It was so much fun to get messy and paint with them. This Halloween will be so much fun. We are going to a Trunk-or-treat/Chili cook-off at church on the 30th , then the base is doing their trick-or-treating on Saturday night, which I love. I felt weird about celebrating Halloween on the Sabbath, but now we won't have to worry about it. I am also excited that my parents are coming down to be with the kiddos. My parents used to love taking us trick-or-treating so I assume its even better taking your grandkids!






As an update on the kiddos, Porter has been trying to weed out his nap...but never makes it past 5pm without falling asleep. Poor little guy. So now he usually sleeps between 4-6 and then is up for quite a while at night, but sleeps through the night. His digestion issues have cleared up, so thankfully its not an allergy. So now we get to ressume potty-training ...Yay! (insert sarcasm).






Savannah just received her progress report from school and is doing so well. She has received a 100% on every spelling test she has taken. She is doing so well, I love how curious she is about everything around her.






This pregnancy is going so well. I have to start the progesterone shots this next week, which I'm not excited about but I am willing to give it a whirl if it will keep this little one in longer.

No comments: