Monday, November 9, 2009
Giving Thanks
So I realized that it is November NOVEMBER! As in the month of Thanksgiving, and the month before Christmas. I can't grasp the fact that it is already November. I truly love the holidays. I really do. This year seems different though. A period of change I guess. Most years I cannot wait for the holidays to come. But this year i think subconsciously I think I wanted more time. Rob is leaving right after Christmas and it will be hard. Last night , as we were getting ready for bed, I realized I am so grateful for so many things in my life. So my husband has to leave for 4 months.....He has an amazing job, my children are happy and healthy, I seriously want for nothing right now. I can do 4 months. I've done separation before and I know everything will be fine. Everytime Rob leaves its like someone stronger within takes over. I was talking to my neighbor (who's husband is deployed) and was telling her how much I've been through each time Rob is gone, and each time I learn and grow so much. I form a stronger bond with my children. So in an effort to get into the Thanksgiving spirit, I wanted to share the fact that I am so unbelievably grateful for MY life, my choices, my trials, my testimony, my oppurtunities and my family. I know at any moment all of this could be taken away from me....so for now I am thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the post good to be reminded of how much we all really have to be thankful for
Nik, you are SO strong! Robbie is lucky to have such a good wifey!
Post a Comment