Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Feeling a bit ...of everything!

SO where to begin? I've been feeling so much lately. In a way its kind of nice. Those of you who've known me for a while knows that I used to be a very emotional person. Well somewhere along the line, I lost that to some extent. I don't know if its just the fact that I'm busier and sometimes don't take the time to truly realize my feelings/thoughts or I got better at suppressing it. Well here lately my emotions have been stronger, and its kind of nice. My brother always makes jokes about how cold-hearted or cynical I've become. Well I think we've chipped off some of the ice. As some of you know Rob is leaving in Jan and will be back in May. I've done this kind of separation before, and he goes on TDYs often. This is the first time he will really be gone though...like to the desert gone. I know he will be protected. It just stinks. I know this is what we signed up for and he's been in for 4 years, so its time. So here's the hard part, which shouldn't be hard but it is. I love my family and we've always been maga close. I mean there's not a day that goes by that I don't talk to my brother and Dad multiple times a day. Besides Rob they are my best friends. They asked me last month if we wanted to come stay with them while Rob is gone. It's like all of a sudden this is real for me, Rob's really going and for some reason I thought I had more time. It was a hard decision simply because I had to weigh out the options. What we love about staying here:
-Savannah LOVES her teacher! Her teacher is one of the best teachers I 've seen.
-They have an amazing pediatrician who really knows them.
- We love living on base and if we give up our base house, we may be on a waiting list to get back on (although I truly doubt that)
What we would love about living in Branson:
-My family (enough said)
- closer to friends
-amazing primary school in which the pre-k,k,and 1st grade is a separate school from the grade school and each classroom has 2 teachers (who both have at least a masters degree)
- We don't know where we will be next and I want them to have an oppurtunity to be close to family, especially while daddy's away.

So as for now we've decided that I will move in with my family while Rob's away. So that brings a little stress just trying to get everything ready to go. Either way is going to be hard, this way atleast I will have a stronger suppport group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of having a lot of big changes in life. As time gets closer it will get easier as everything comes together!