
So I know I promised I wouldn't blog anymore about politics, but I believe its important that our children have something to look back on, with this being a pretty historical election. I really do not care for politics, I believe it can create tension, ugliness, and contention. I can't stand the mud-slinging(sp?) and countless ads and talking heads. I am beyond thrilled that this election is over. Am I thrilled about the outcome? Not really, but I don't think I would've been thrilled if it went the other way. (as for Rob, he has a different opinion) I do believe that Obama will bring some change to this country, and hopefully it will be the change we all hope for.I am glad that there is an intelligent black man (and woman)now standing as an example for modern African-American youth who sometimes look to rappers or pro athletes as role models...but can now look to our President. I am very proud that so many people got involved in their country and their rights as Americans, and actually took an interest in this country. I was really glad to see those long lines at the polling stations! So...whether Obama does a great job or not I do believe this is a blessed nation and our Father in Heaven is mindful of us. I do believe God will continue to bless us in our daily lives, we have so much to be grateful for. I will continue to teach my family to support our President and our nations leaders will remain in our prayers, they definitely have a lot of cleaning up to do.

5 comments:
A beautiful post Nikki.
Well said, Nikki. Here's for all of us Americans to coming and working together. That's a cute pic of Savannah. Did she make the hat in school?
Yes she did, they learned about elections and the importance of Tuesday! Pretty cool!
I'm excited to hear you're coming up for thanksgiving! My parents will be out of town. We would love to get together.
You look sooo good! I love that pic of you and Rob.
Post a Comment