This weekend went by so incredibly fast. I was asked to make some wedding cakes for a couple in our ward, and they turned out ok, I hate the taste of fondant, but love the smooth look of it. So I went searching for a homemade fondant recipe. My friend Jamie got married a little while ago and I remember that her aunt made her wedding cake, so I tried that one and it was pretty good, but decided to do a marshmallow fondant, which tasted so much better, and was easy to work with. I made some floral cake toppers and it turned out to be so much fun. So we got home from the wedding with enough time to change and go to Rob's work Holiday party. We attended that, then went home to feed the babies and put them down then our awesome babysitter Emily agreed to go ahead and watch the kids so me and Rob could go see a movie. My darling husband bought Twilight tickets!! He heard there was an awesome fight scene so he was in. I've read the books, and love them, and really liked the movie, but it was definitely made for people who have read the books. That is just my opinion. Rob said he could follow it ok, but he also has me right next to him giving him details that were left out. I wish they had included more, but i also know that would've been impossible to condense into 2 hours. unlike some people i liked the characters...it wasn't what i had imagined reading the book, but it turned out great. Rob said he really liked it, so it was a fun night.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
cakes,parties,tests,and oh yeah....TWILIGHT!
This weekend went by so incredibly fast. I was asked to make some wedding cakes for a couple in our ward, and they turned out ok, I hate the taste of fondant, but love the smooth look of it. So I went searching for a homemade fondant recipe. My friend Jamie got married a little while ago and I remember that her aunt made her wedding cake, so I tried that one and it was pretty good, but decided to do a marshmallow fondant, which tasted so much better, and was easy to work with. I made some floral cake toppers and it turned out to be so much fun. So we got home from the wedding with enough time to change and go to Rob's work Holiday party. We attended that, then went home to feed the babies and put them down then our awesome babysitter Emily agreed to go ahead and watch the kids so me and Rob could go see a movie. My darling husband bought Twilight tickets!! He heard there was an awesome fight scene so he was in. I've read the books, and love them, and really liked the movie, but it was definitely made for people who have read the books. That is just my opinion. Rob said he could follow it ok, but he also has me right next to him giving him details that were left out. I wish they had included more, but i also know that would've been impossible to condense into 2 hours. unlike some people i liked the characters...it wasn't what i had imagined reading the book, but it turned out great. Rob said he really liked it, so it was a fun night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW! That cake turned out great! I would love to see teh whole thing put together. Are they fresh flowers? Can I have your recipie for the marshmellow fondant? Pretty Please?
Post a Comment