I can't believe she is 2 weeks already. I also can't believe I haven't updated my blog with the details of her arrival. All day Sunday I had been so so very swollen. My face, hands and feet were so huge. (as yu can see in the pictures). On Sunday night (March 6th) around 10:30 I started to feel contractions, but given my history of frequent early contractions, I wrote it off as being tired and decided to go to bed. Well I woke up around 1:30 and could no longer sleep through them. I walked around for a bit to see if they were the real thing. I really still couldn't tell, I just knew I was uncomfortable and needed to probably get checked out ( with promptings from my sweet husband, who was wide awake at this point). We debated whether or not to get someone to come watch the kids, and decided to just take them, and Rob would just let them sleep in the car until we figured out if this was the real thing or not. So I checked in and they checked me and my contractions were 3-5 min apart and I was dialated to a 4 1/2. They decided to watch me for an hour to see if I changed, and sure enough an hour later I was a 5 and still contracting. I called Robbie and told him to take the kids to a friends house. While he was doing that, they admitted me and I got my epidural. Don't we all love the epidural guy?! By then I was feeling great, and was able to nap and hang out with Robbie. I was dialating about a cenemeter an hour and when I reached an 8-9 I started to feel my contractions. Oh it was painful. The CNA was in a c-section and then came in to fix my epidural. I didn't feel anything after that. They checked me and it was about time to push, so they paged my ob. My ob showed up about 15 min later and I pushed once and she arrived! She was 6lbs 14oz and 19 1/4 inches long. We are so incredibly blessed she is a part of our family! She is amazing. Wlcome to the world baby Cora.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congratulations! She is beautiful, and I love the name Cora. I am so glad she arrived safely!
Post a Comment