
I absolutely LOVE this time of year! I love everything about it. This week we are baking like crazy, for neighbors, teachers, and friends. When I was growing up my moms best friend's mom (did you follow that? ) made these sugar cookies that we would dream about! They are so unbelievably light and fluffy! They are amazing!!I thought in the spirit of the season we would share this coveted recipe!
Sour cream sugar cookie
2 eggs
1 ½ cup sugar
1 cup margarine
½ cup sour cream
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups sifted flour
Cream butter add sugar beat, add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla, fold in flour
and baking soda
roll or drop 325 degrees 10 to 12 min
For roll out dough chill over night (very important). For drop cookies chill for 3 hours.
(My oven bakes at 310 degrees 8 mins)
Ice cookies with icing and sprinkle color sugar on top.

3 comments:
Sounds delicious! I seem to enjoy any food that includes sour cream. Thanks for the recipe!
Thank you for the recipe! My mom always tried to make those kind of cookies because she knew someone who made them, but hers never turned out to well.
Yum Yum! Thanks so much!
Post a Comment