I love being mom, momma, mommy...I really do. I'm working on my degree right now because I know there will come a time when my babies won't be babies anymore and my services will be needed elsewhere. I'm also working on it so my children know how important getting an education really is. The past couple days, I've been extra aware of how being the momma makes me feel. I am truly blessed with two awesome children and a husband that makes me feel so amazing. Every year they get older I always comment on how much I love a certain thing about that age. Savannah is 6 and the world is making more sense to her and she is so observant and questions almost everything she sees. I love this about her. I hope she always keeps this trait. She is unbelievably kindhearted and giving. She is always watching out for her little brother and teaching him new things. She loves playing with him and is so affectionate to all of us. Yesterday especially touched me. I was vacuuming as the kiddos we playing on the couch, and when I finished Savannah hugged me and said, "Thanks for doing all the work," and I said, "What do you mean?" She then said " You know cooking for us and cleaning up for us." It meant so much that she notices those things. Of course I asked Rob if he had said anything to her and he said he was just as surprised by that comment. It made me feel so good that she sees that I do all of this because of my love for them. Then that brings me to Porter. He is quite the wild, sweet, loving , active little boy...and I wouldn't change a thing. He is so incredibly loving. No matter where he going or what he's doing he has to stop and see where momma is, and most of the time he'll come give me a hug or kiss. He normally won't go to sleep until he knows I am asleep. Every time we leave the house he has to hold the door open for me, which really melts my heart. Needless to say I love my job, my calling as their mother. It makes me sad to hear women say their "just" a stay at home mom. We're doing the most important work on earth. I also wanted to thank my sweet husband for working so hard so I am able to stay home with them.
Friday, August 27, 2010
I'm their momma
I love being mom, momma, mommy...I really do. I'm working on my degree right now because I know there will come a time when my babies won't be babies anymore and my services will be needed elsewhere. I'm also working on it so my children know how important getting an education really is. The past couple days, I've been extra aware of how being the momma makes me feel. I am truly blessed with two awesome children and a husband that makes me feel so amazing. Every year they get older I always comment on how much I love a certain thing about that age. Savannah is 6 and the world is making more sense to her and she is so observant and questions almost everything she sees. I love this about her. I hope she always keeps this trait. She is unbelievably kindhearted and giving. She is always watching out for her little brother and teaching him new things. She loves playing with him and is so affectionate to all of us. Yesterday especially touched me. I was vacuuming as the kiddos we playing on the couch, and when I finished Savannah hugged me and said, "Thanks for doing all the work," and I said, "What do you mean?" She then said " You know cooking for us and cleaning up for us." It meant so much that she notices those things. Of course I asked Rob if he had said anything to her and he said he was just as surprised by that comment. It made me feel so good that she sees that I do all of this because of my love for them. Then that brings me to Porter. He is quite the wild, sweet, loving , active little boy...and I wouldn't change a thing. He is so incredibly loving. No matter where he going or what he's doing he has to stop and see where momma is, and most of the time he'll come give me a hug or kiss. He normally won't go to sleep until he knows I am asleep. Every time we leave the house he has to hold the door open for me, which really melts my heart. Needless to say I love my job, my calling as their mother. It makes me sad to hear women say their "just" a stay at home mom. We're doing the most important work on earth. I also wanted to thank my sweet husband for working so hard so I am able to stay home with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's so cute!
I love what Savannah said and especially that she said it on her own! Porter does love you, he's definitely a momma's boy. And you are the perfect momma for these kiddos.
Post a Comment