Saturday, January 16, 2010
Blessings
I know two weeks ago I graced my little blog with a little sadness. My best friend was leaving for four months. He leaves here and there for a couple weeks at a time, but this was four whole months. When you say it , it really doesn't seem like that long, but its Robbie...he's simply amazing. I knew from when he was in Officer Training School about 4 years ago that the first week woul be the roughest....it was. Well we have about 2 weeks done, a half a month sounds better. I've been blessed to be able to talk on Skype at least once a day. Its so nice to hear his voice and see his handsome face. I feel so blessed, I was once told by someone very important that I would be comforted during my times of trial, its very true. I'm so grateful for Rob's family and my own, they are such a strength in my life. I am grateful we are all healthy and safe, and that Rob is being protected as well. I love hearing my children laugh and see their sweet faces, and being able to stay home with them and watch their progress. I love my life, even if we are all not together I know that I have so much to be thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hope the next half month passes by quickly I'm happy you are surrounded by a good support system that always seems to make quite a diffrence. Steve almost got sent to Afghanistan for 7 months but one of the single guys who we have befriended took the bullet for him I don't know what I would have done if he had to leave whew. Have a Happy new Year!!
I love you Nikki. Honestly, I am the blessed one. I'm grateful for technology that allows us to speak and see each other even though we are thousands of miles away. I miss you so much and am counting down the days til I can feel you, Savanni,and Bubba next to me again.
something ive noticed in your comments and little things you say is that even though this is such a stinky time (which will totally strengthen you in life)... your love grows fonder with distance. His return will be here so soon!!! and it will be SO happy!! Its like the sorrow/joyful thing. Some people never have to be separated for little bits but they also don't get the sweet reunion!!
Post a Comment